Today, WestJet is announcing guests travelling to, through or from the United States are now eligible for the airline’s enhanced $200,000 CAD COVID-19 travel insurance coverage for air-only and vacation reservations.
The enhanced coverage will retroactively include all bookings made as of September 18, 2020 and will increase by $100,000 CAD to include up to a maximum of $200,000 CAD at no additional charge to eligible guests.
Any WestJet air-only reservation including WestJet Vacations bookings for travel to and from the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe (including U.K.) and inbound to Canada will be eligible for the coverage for up to 21 days for travel into and including August 31, 2021 through new partner TuGo®. For one-way travel reservations, coverage is available for up to seven days.
TuGo’s COVID-19 coverage for WestJet guests includes*:
- COVID-19 coverage for emergency medical related expenses for eligible guests with COVID-19 while outside of Canada (or for visitors travelling to Canada) for up to a maximum limit of $200,000 CAD per insured person if they have tested positive or have been diagnosed for COVID-19 while on a trip.
- Trip interruption coverage if the Canadian Government’s travel advisory changes to “Avoid all travel” (level 4) while at any of the travel destinations.
- Medical and related expenses, such as medical treatment in hospital if a guest tests positive for and is diagnosed with COVID-19 during their trip.
- Emergency transportation back to Canada or home country (including up to $5,000 for repatriation in case of death).
- Quarantine meals and commercial accommodation expenses up to $150/day (or up to $300/day per family) to a maximum of 14 days.
- Up to $500 combined for a one-way economy flight home, unexpected meals and commercial accommodation expenses.
- Travel insurance is automatically included at time of purchase on WestJet flights or vacation packages on or after September 18, 2020, for travel between September 18, 2020 and August 31, 2021.
- Certain exclusions, limitations and conditions apply. Learn more from the Certificate of Insurance.
For full coverage details, FAQs and a link to the insurance certificate, visit westjet.com/TuGoinsurance.
* Exclusions apply. Not available for travel including cruises. For full coverage details, please visit here.