How to cancel a booking in SIREV and TripBook
May 11, 2023
If your client would like to cancel their WestJet Vacations booking, you can self-serve the request in SIREV via TripBook. There’s no need to call in; simply follow the steps in our guide below.
Your clients can also now cancel their own WestJet Vacations bookings on our “Manage my vacations” page. We recommend that travel agents continue to cancel bookings through SIREV via TripBook, but we’ve included steps in our guide below so you can help familiarize your clients with the process.
As part of this enhancement, you will be able to retrieve all your WestJet Vacations bookings in SIREV via TripBook – even those made through the Contact Centre. This means you can add payment, cancel a booking and more without having to call in for assistance.
Travel agent process
On the left navigation bar of SIREV, click “$ Bookings” to access the “My Bookings” panel.
You can search by booking number, or use a combination of the filter criteria:
- Booking Date (from/to): Enter the range of booking dates you want to retrieve, up to a maximum of 31 days.
- Supplier: Select “WestJet Vacations.”
- Number of bookings per page: Select the number of results to display in a single page.
Click “Search.” You will receive a list of bookings that match your filters.
Click the desired booking number to view it in TripBook (see next section).
TripBook is a Softvoyage product that provides travel agents with a number of self-serve features. The following is a sample view of what a booking will look like in TripBook:
To view the available TripBook features associated with a booking, click “View This Booking.”
The following features are available in TripBook with WestJet Vacations:
- My Booking: Displays a summary of the booking.
- Description: Displays information about the hotel, such as room information, amenities, restaurants, etc.
- Location: Displays a Google Map location of the hotel, plus nearby attractions.
- Travel Guide: Displays a brief guide to the destination.
- Monarc.ca: You may enter your client’s email address here. Doing so allows your guest to write hotel feedback in Sofvoyage’s Monarc hotel review site.
- Send this TripBook to your customer: Allows you to send a copy of the booking’s confirmation page by email to your client. You can choose to include or exclude commission information on the email. Please enter the recipient email address in both fields.
- Print: Allows you to print the booking’s summary page. You can choose to include or exclude commission information.
- E-Docs: Allows you to retrieve the booking’s eDocs. You can choose to view the eDocs on-screen or send them via email. If you choose the email option, the email recipient will receive a PDF version of the booking’s eDocs.
- Add a payment: Allows you to add a payment to the booking (see section 4 below).
- Cancel booking: Allows you to cancel a booking. (see section 5 below).
Click “Add a payment.” The following window will display:
Fill in the payment details as usual. Once done, click “Add a payment.”
If the payment is successful, the following message should return at the top of the window:
A payment confirmation email will also be sent to your agency’s default email address:
Click “Cancel booking.” The following box will display:
The applicable cancellation fees will be displayed. Click “I agree, cancel this booking” to continue, or “I refuse” to stop the cancellation process and return to the previous screen.
After clicking “I agree, cancel this booking,” TripBook will cancel the booking. When successful, the following message will display:
Close the popover message box to return to TripBook’s summary page. The next time you view the booking, it will show a status of Cancelled.
If you cancel a booking and a refund is applicable, it will be processed within 14 days.
Your clients can now access their WestJet Vacations bookings via TripBook. They will be able to view the booking, retrieve e-Docs or cancel their vacation package.
- Your clients will not be able to see any commission information.
- Your clients will not be able to add a payment.
The steps below are to help you familiarize your clients with the process, but we recommend travel agents continue to cancel bookings through SIREV.
How to access Manage my Vacations
Your clients can access TripBook from the Manage my Vacations page. To get to this page, they must visit westjet.com, click on the “Manage trips” tab and then “Manage vacation packages” from the dropdown menu.
Your client must have the booking number, departure date and last name to access the booking.
Once the details are successfully entered, the booking will be located. Select the “Continue” button.
Your client will be redirected to the SoftVoyage TripBook guest site.
To retrieve e-Docs or cancel a booking, your client must select the “View This Booking” button. This page will allow them to see their vacation package details, all guests travelling on the booking and payment information. Commission information does not display.
The page will open on the “My Booking tab.” They may also use the Description tab to see a hotel overview, or the Travel guide to view destination information.
Once on the “View This Booking” page, the guest has the option to retrieve e-Docs or cancel the booking.
- Retrieve e-Docs
The guest can save, email or print their e-Docs.
- Cancel booking
When selecting the “Cancel booking” button, your client must enter their name and reason for the cancellation before selecting the “Continue” button:
The total cancellation fees will display, if applicable.
Important: There may be scenarios where a cancellation fee displays even if the fee should be waived. Some examples may include:
- If your client purchased the Travel Protection Plan and may be eligible for a refund to original form of payment or WestJet dollars;
- If your client purchased a Premium or Business cabin booking and may be eligible for a partial refund, or refund to WestJet dollars; or
- If your client cancelled within 24 hours of booking and is eligible for a full refund to original form of payment.
A member of the WestJet Vacations team will review the request to ensure fees are not charged when processing the cancellation.
If your client no longer wishes to cancel, they can select the “I refuse” button and the booking is kept intact. If your client chooses to proceed, they must select the “I agree, cancel this booking” button and a successful cancellation message will appear.
Click on “Reload page” and the booking status will note that it has been cancelled.
All components and all packages on the booking will be cancelled. A member of the WestJet Vacations team will ensure the refund (if applicable, including ancillaries) is processed. Your client can expect the refund within 30 days.